In recognition of the fact that local business is the heart of any community and the driving force for local economic activity Southside Partnership also offers supports to local employers including:
- Free advertising of vacancies to more than 3,000 of our job-seeking clients.
- Information and guidance on financial and other supports and incentives available to employers for hiring people from the live register.
- JobBridge is the National Internship Scheme and provides work experience opportunities for unemployed people. The number of internships that a host organisation can offer depends on their number of full-time employees.
- JobsPlus is an incentive from the Department of Social Protection to encourage and reward employers who offer employment opportunities to the long term unemployed. Grants of €7,500 and €10,000 are available.
- Wage Subsidy Scheme provides financial incentives to employers, outside the public sector, to employ disabled people who work more than 20 hours per week.
- Employer Retention Grant Scheme
Corporate Social Responsibility
Southside Partnership DLR also provide opportunities for employers to ‘give back’ to their local community and support our work as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy. Current opportunities include:
- Volunteering staff hours and expertise to provide group information sessions on job search skills for the unemployed.
- Volunteering staff hours and expertise to conduct mock interviews, provide feedback to job seekers and aid their potential employment prospects.
- Volunteering staff hours and expertise to provide one-to-one business mentoring and support start up enterprises in the local community.
- Volunteering staff hours and expertise to provide group training sessions to start up enterprises in the local community on business related topics of interest including Website Design, SEO, Social Media, Marketing, Finance, Networking etc.
- Funding one of our training programmes tailored to support progression for local unemployed people e.g. Start Your Own Business, Retail Sales, Customer Service, First Aid, STEPS (Personal Development) etc.
- Providing venue or hardware support for our training activities i.e. access to training rooms, meeting space or IT/computer training facilities.
or through our head office on 01 70 60 100.
The DLR Local Enterprise Office (LEO) serves as a first stop shop to provide support and services to start, grow and develop micro business in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown area.
Six year Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) for the County from 2016 to 2021. The LECP will affect everyone who lives, works, does business, invests and visits Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
The Central Statistics Office (CSO) gathers information relating to economic, social and general activities and conditions" in Ireland.
Department of Social Protection supports for employers.
The Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Chamber has 300 active full member companies and over 200 affiliate members who join together to promote the economic and social development of their community in order to make it a better place in which to live, work and do business.
ISME exists to support SME owner-managers by lobbying on their behalf, providing advice and information, and offering discounts on products and services through Discount Schemes.
The SFA is a one stop shop for all your business queries.
Link to Southside Partnership leaflet on Employer Incentives (sent previously by Lisa Walsh)