Manager – Southside Partnership DLR Local Employment Service
This is a key leadership role within our organisation and requires significant skills and expertise. The LES Manager must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the challenges facing the unemployed, together with an innovative approach to the design, development and delivery of appropriate and effective services and supports for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership, interpersonal, influencing, networking and communication skills. They will have previous experience at a senior level in a similar sized organisation and a strong track record in the employment services sector. They will be responsible for the delivery of a high level of customer service at all times to clients and employers. They will be responsible for managing and developing an experienced staff team and for complying with quality approved processes and procedures.
This full-time (35 hours per week) position is funded by the Department of Social Protection (DSP). We are offering a one year fixed term contract (renewable, subject to funding). Salary Scale: €37,894 to €57,816, commensurate with experience.
- > Management of the day-to-day operations of the LES
- > Leading, developing, managing and mentoring the LES staff team
- > Ensuring that an outstanding level of customer service is achieved and maintained
- > Implementing the annual LES plan and developing innovative strategies to ensure that agreed client engagement, client progression and employment placement targets are met
- > Maintaining and developing the culture within the organisation to reflect our ethos and values
- > Operating approved systems to track clients’ progress into training and employment
- > Identifying gaps in provision of services to unemployed people
- > Building strong working relationships and collaborative partnerships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including the DSP, our key funding partner
- > Engagement with other teams across the organisation to share ideas and explore opportunities to develop new services for our clients
- > Promoting the services of the LES and other Southside Partnership programmes within our target areas
- > Managing the IT systems operated by the LES
- > Ensuring Health & Safety policies and practices are implemented in LES locations
- > Implementing quality systems and ensuring compliance with Q Mark requirements
- > Accurate and timely reporting to our funders and to the CEO and Board
- > Serving as a member of the Management Team of Southside Partnership DLR
- > Representing Southside Partnership on relevant committees and influencing policy at appropriate fora at a local and a national level
- > A third level degree or equivalent qualification
- > A minimum of 5 years’ experience working at a senior level in a customer focused, results driven environment
- > Extensive knowledge of the challenges and barriers facing unemployed people
- > An understanding of the principles of community development and social inclusion
- > An understanding and experience of individualised career path development and placement programmes
- > A thorough understanding of the labour market, current activation measures, relevant government policies and employers’ requirements
- > Up to date knowledge of a wide range of education and training initiatives and programmes, and an understanding of the national framework of qualifications (NFQ)
- > A strong track record in leading, managing and motivating staff teams
- > A knowledge of HR policies, practices and performance management systems
- > Proven ability to work as part of a team and to build positive working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- > Strategic and creative thinker, with vision for service development and enhancement
- > Proven track record which demonstrates personal vision and skill in devising and implementing innovative and appropriate strategies and projects
- > Solution focused with a strong customer service ethos
- > Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- > Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- > A working knowledge and experience of implementing quality systems
- > Capacity to lead the development and implementation of operational and strategic plans
- > Ability to work under pressure and a track record of meeting agreed deadlines
- > Strong administrative and financial skills, including the ability to draw up budgets, control spending and access additional funding, including the completion of funding applications
- > Ability to implement effective communications and service promotion plans, including proficiency in the use of various social media platforms
- > Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM database systems.
To apply, please send a letter of application and a CV (no more than 2 pages), including details of referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.
or by post to: Mary Molloy,Human Resources Department,Southside Partnership DLR,The Old Post Office, 7 Rock Hill, Main Street,Blackrock,Co. Dublin
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Monday, 3rd April 2017.
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position during the week commencing 10th April 2017, with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Please note that:
Southside Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
No late applications will be accepted and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Any offer will be subject to satisfactory references and Garda vetting
Applicants should have their own transport