As set out in our Strategic Plan, Southside Partnership has been focusing on four strategic objectives that capture the Partnership’s ambition for 2015-2018. To support the achievement of the first three objectives, we have identified a fourth enabling objective to maximise the organisation’s capacity to deliver the outcomes that our target groups and communities deserve. Several strategic actions are contained in each objective. Each objective and its actions are strongly interlinked with the others, and are not listed in any order of importance.
OBJECTIVE 1: SUPPORTING PEOPLE
Identify and focus on individuals experiencing poverty and social exclusion in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown. This will involve an analysis of various data sets and other evidence of need..
- Communicate and connect with individuals needing support and services.
- Provide appropriate programmes and opportunities to support these individuals:
- Conduct regular needs analyses
- Tailor existing programmes to best meet these needs
- Develop new programmes to address unmet needs
- Ensure the supports we provide or recommend are accessible and of a high quality
- Advocate with and on behalf of the most marginalised at a local and national level. In particular, address barriers to progression experienced by individuals and families.
- Engage more actively with local employers to identify opportunities for work experience and employment.
- Promote volunteering opportunities for individuals to help develop confidence, self-esteem and active citizenship.
OBJECTIVE 2: EMPOWERING COMMUNITIES
- Identify and focus on individuals, groups and communities working to address issues of poverty and social exclusion in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with community groups throughout the county.
- Engage with the leaders of these groups to provide encouragement, mentoring and training, and promote good governance.
- Coordinate the recruitment of CE or Tús staff as a resource, matching their skills, experience and aspirations with the needs of community groups and not-for-profit organisations.
- Convene and support collaboration between groups and organisations to facilitate a more coordinated response to local needs.
- Represent the voice of communities at a county-wide and at a national level.
- Provide support with funding applications to help attract additional resources to sustain and develop the activities of local groups.
- Promote social enterprise as a sustainable funding model for relevant services.
- Support community groups in providing opportunities for local people to connect, encourage and support one another and create a sense of community.
- Assist communities to engage with the local authority and other relevant stakeholders to seek suitable community space for local groups to meet and carry out their activities.
OBJECTIVE 3: ENABLING PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Support people and communities to engage and participate in the appropriate decision-making structures.
- Promote and encourage communication between community groups and the local authority and other relevant bodies to help influence the actions and plans of these organisations.
- Engage in county-wide structures to influence planning and policy making on behalf of our target groups.
- Play a leading role in key county-wide structures such as the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC), the Public Participation Network (PPN), the Prevention Partnership & Family Support Network (PPFS), the Traveller Interagency Group, the Local Drug and Alcohol Taskforce, etc., to ensure that the voices of the disadvantaged or marginalised are heard.
- Take up a role within ILDN or other similar bodies to engage and influence national policy.
OBJECTIVE 4: STRENGTHENING OUR ORGANISATION
- Ensure astute management of existing resources and programme funding. Actively source additional funding for new projects and programmes, with a particular focus on promoting corporate & social responsibility funding from local businesses.
- Operate quality systems and processes across all aspects of the organisation to ensure smarter working.
- Introduce a comprehensive database to maximise efficiencies and good communication.
- Collaborate with suitable partners and funders.
- Improve our profile by telling the stories of the impact that our programmes are having on the lives of the people and communities that we support.
- Support a culture of learning and reflection throughout the organisation.
- Promote excellent communication throughout the organisation and to the wider public.
- Encourage a culture of innovation.
- Promote a culture of cross-programme working in order to provide wrap-around supports for our clients.