- This event has passed.
Explore your Interests & Discover your Community
14 October @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Our upcoming course “Explore your Interests & Discover your Community” which is co-funded by Healthy Ireland and has been developed by the DLR Social Prescribing Programme for Health & Wellbeing in collaboration with Partners Training for Transformation to support people in our local community to (re)connect with their community. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might be interested. This programme is open to anyone in the DLR community.
Thursday evenings: 7, 14, 21 October & 11th November via Zoom. 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
The course will be running via Zoom, but it will be complemented by two in-person outings in the community afterwards. Participants will also be offered the opportunity to have a 1-1 walk & talk appointment in their own local area within DLR with one of our social prescribers.
Join us to “Explore your Interests & Discover your Community”.
In the past year the pandemic has made it hard to feel connected. Join us for these four Tuesday mornings in July to enjoy lively, interesting, relaxed and friendly conversations where we’ll discover what can help us reconnect and feel more fully alive.
• Would you like to connect with others, and meet new friends?
• Would you like to get an idea of what’s available in your community that matches your interests?
• Would you like to discover ways that you can contribute to your community, and feel a part of things? How can your interests match with what those around you need?
• Would you like to discover or recover hobbies, interests, and ways to feel good about life? Or just discover some new possibilities for the year ahead?
• Perhaps you have made discoveries in the past year that you’d be happy to share with others?
If any or all of these ring true for you, we’d love to have you in our conversations.
Being connected make us all stronger, like the threads of a spider’s web. A given weight of spider silk is five times as strong as the same weight of steel. Join us in creating a connected community.
Jacqui Gage of Partners Training for Transformation in collaboration with the DLR Social Prescribing Programme for Health & Wellbeing will be creating this space for you to connect with each other and with your community. She has worked with groups for many years now, and in the past year has discovered how much fun it is work with a group online.
To find out more or to book a place, please contact Lisa Sieger-Jamison from the DLR Social Prescribing Programme on 087 737 0372 or email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.